How it Works
Put good trivia to work for your cause
Geeks Who Drink supports causes our community cares about. Good trivia brings people together, and we use that connection to raise awareness and funds for various local and national non profits.
We make it simple for our non profit partners:
- Choose one of our weekly existing quizzes
- Work with the Geeks team to cross promote
- Donations are suggested on site
- Opportunity to include educational literature on site
- Representatives and street teams welcome
A good way to host a fundraiser
In addition to raising funds, nonprofit organizations will have the opportunity to promote their event on the Geeks Who Drink website, newsletter, and social channels.
|Date & Time
Mission: Empowering victims and creating a bridge to close the gap for people with disabilities through discovery of self-resiliency by providing support and services.
The money is going towards: supporting survivors of domestic violence with disabilities in creating meaningful, safe, and stable lives.
Great Divide Brewing Company - Barrel Bar
March 6, 2024
AFTD’s mission is to improve the quality of life of people affected by FTD [frontotemporal dementia] and drive research to a cure.
Proceeds will support: Frontotemporal dementia research and awareness. FTD is the most common form of dementia for people under age 60, and as of today there is no cure. FTD is a disease that affected my mother-in-law, and I look forward to honoring her memory by running the Boston Marathon in April and raising funds for this cause.
April 3, 2024
STONEWALL SPORTS RVA
“Our Quiz for a Cause was amazing! It was so much fun for everyone and a great was to increase awareness of Stonewall Sports RVA and our beneficiaries. We raised over $1000 not even including the venue, Vasen Brewery, donating 10% of their sales during trivia. Kay is truly my most favorite host of all the trivias I have ever attended! They are amazing and make QFAC so much fun! Thank you so so much for the opportunity to use quiz to fundraise! It is an amazing program and so easy to do!”
PIKE’S PEAK SUICIDE PREVENTION
“The event last night was an awesome success – Thank you so much for making this possible Our host, Derek, was very helpful, professional and friendly – As were all the venue staff I interacted with. We absolutely loved this collaboration – And would very much like to make it a staple of our annual events program. Thank you so much for you support of Pike’s Peak Suicide Prevention!“
THE 1010 PROJECT
“The 1010 Project has run several quiz nights with Geeks Who Drink because they have proven to be very successful in bringing people together in an entertaining environment to promote our mission and fundraising.”
– Jackie Holder
Nationwide QFAC: Maui Fire Relief
Our fundraising efforts were used to add to the generosity already provided by others to the following organizations: Maui Strong Fund, the Maui Food Bank, and the Maui Humane Society.
Thanks to generous quizzers and venues, we raised over $10,500 for the selected charities.
Nationwide QFAC: Pride Month 2023
For a second year, in honor of Pride and our continued efforts to be good allies, friends and supporters, we raised funds again for two organizations that focus their efforts on the needs of the transgender community. Trans Lifeline is a grassroots hotline and microgrants 501(c)(3) non-profit organization offering direct emotional and financial support to trans people in crisis – for the trans community, by the trans community. Transgender Law Center changes law, policy, and attitudes so that all people can live safely, authentically, and free from discrimination regardless of their gender identity or expression.
Thanks to all our quizzers and venues, more than $16,000 was raised for the selected charities.
Nationwide QFAC: Uvalde
Funds collected were donated to a memorial fund sponsored by First State Bank and a medical expense fund being lead by University Health.
We’re so proud to announce that we raised over $6,000 for the selected charities.
Followers across social platforms
Venues throughout the U.S.
Simple Terms for Participation
- Quiz For a Cause must be held at a regularly scheduled GWD quiz venue. GWD will accommodate venue requests when possible, but the ultimate decision is ours. Please see our schedule for where and when we quiz.
- The content of the quiz itself is the regular material for that evening. We cannot provide special content. Should you wish to have an event with custom content, please look at our Private Events.
- The participating nonprofit must commit to bringing at least 25 people to the event, in addition to our regular attendees. A good mix of “quizzers” and “supporters” will make everyone excited to pull out their wallets and make a donation.
- The participating nonprofit must provide a staff member to collect entry fees, distribute the winnings and, if necessary, assist our quizmaster in scoring and team picture taking.
- The nonprofit should also provide some literature about the nature of the Quiz For a Cause, explaining to players why they should pay for a quiz they normally play for free.
- Players who do not wish to pay an entry fee must be allowed to play the quiz, though they will not be eligible to win the cash purse.
- GWD is NOT responsible for promoting the event, though we will certainly assist to a reasonable extent.
- Our Quiz For a Cause program is designed for non-profits who are raising money for medical programs, social changes, or organizations benefiting those in need- so while we do work with just about any non-profit, it is not meant for sports teams, PTAs, political organizations, or any group affiliated with a religion like a church, school or club (including atheists). We are happy to work with religious groups who raise money for non-denominational and non-political causes.