My fake New Year's resolutionsChristie B
It’s about to be the New Year! Who’s excited?! I sure am! Yeah, yeah. I’m grateful for my life and my health and all that, but 2016 has been relatively shitty, so I’m looking forward to making some changes in the New Year.
For some laughs, I’m going to make a list of fake New Year’s resolutions that are inspired from tonight’s round themes.
Without any further ado, here are my New Year’s Resolutions for 2017:
- Fuck you – Round number one was “This Year in Stuff”, and yeah, maybe it was just some reused current events questions from 2016, but still, fuck you and fuck this year.
- Learn geography – Tonight’s audio round required that you know a bunch of song titles, that you are able to identify global national capitals, and that you know about rivers. The first part I have down, the second part is pretty questionable, and the third is a major challenge. Gotta get started.
- Call off work – Round 3 was about sick days. I mean, because I’m a person, I need time off. Sue me.
- Be a lunatic – Round 4 was called, “A Lunatic’s Guide to the Alphabet”. Why the hell not. Just be yourself and be a lunatic, Christie!
- Spike some punch in a public place – The visual round was about famous people named Spike. Have you ever spiked punch? I’d like to try it.
- Have a memorable break-up – Round 6 was about Sicily and break ups. Break ups suck, but maybe I’ll go to Sicily, have a brief Italian romance, then dump that sucker and leave. That would be a great story.
- Laugh at some movies – Our video round was about funny movies. Just watch some comedies, ok? Laughing burns calories, so watch movies instead of going to the gym.
- Learn random shit – Round 8 was, as always, a random knowledge round, and as always, there were tons of questions I didn’t know. Gotta read more and beef up on my current events.
So those probably aren’t my real New Year’s Resolutions, but now that I think about it, they’re probably better than the cheesy cliché crap I would have come up with on my own.
Ok, I changed my mind. Those are my actual New Year’s Resolutions for 2017. Can’t wait!
Ah yes, the reason you read this blog is to discover the prize winners!
Our first place prize winning team was Rose Marie’s Jacket: We’d Rather Kiss a Wookie. Taking home the second place prize was Quizzly Bears!
See you next Tuesday ;)
Hiya buddies! I'm Christie. I originally come from Cape Cod, MA where I grew up proudly as a Masshole. I relocated to Hillsboro, OR for a job in high tech. So far, Oregon is treating me well, except since everything's so green here, I'm allergic to all of it. Come see me at Bethany Public House on Tuesday nights at 7:00PM.