The Auld Dubliner (Tucson)
800 East University Boulevard
Tucson, AZ 85719
Wednesdays: 8:00 PM
View All Posts
Most of you know by now that I am a teacher. Let me tell you one of the ways I know my students have cheated. Their answers are identical, including their wrong answers. Especially the really stupid wrong answers. Even more telling is when their answers are phonetically similar to one another, but wrong and incredibly stupid. Why do I bring this up? Last night’s visual round. Two teams identified Slayer, 4 badass long haired metal guys, incorrectly as Bad Religion, 6 nerdy short haired punks. That was bad enough. But then, one of those teams identified the clown faced rap group Insane Clown Posse as the Insane Cloud Pussy. Don’t cheat at Quiz, people. Just like my students, the ones who cheat always fail anyway.
Last night we had a round on book reviews, written in haiku. Since haiku is well-known to be the highest form of communication, I will attempt to do the following section of the blog in haiku as well.
Banana bread beer?
Hell yeah, that sounds amazing.
Mike bought me one. Thanks.
Chelsea won the prize.
Hannah took it from her though.
Candles? No, shot glass!
New team said Quiz sucks.
Sorry you feel that way guys.
Eat a bag of dicks.
Wow, my brain hurts. Haiku is hard. So, what did we learn last night?
- Tylenol, Band-Aids, and Acuvue Contacts are manufactured by the First Aid company.
- There were two presidents named Roosevelt. Being vague does not help you.
- “Park” is the most checked-into public open space on Foursquare. No specific park, just “Park”.
- It’s concerning to me that to most of you guys, all classic rock is The Beatles.
- It’s obvious which teams read and which ones don’t (or can’t).
- I am apparently the only one who never read “Ender’s Game” or “Things Fall Apart”.
- Both “Dracula” and “The Hunger Games” were about bondage.
- “Les Miserables” is about a guy who can’t keep it in his pants around his 12-year-old stepdaughter.
- “Mein Kampf” is very similar to “Charlotte’s Web”.
- Lemmy from Motorhead would kick your ass if you told him he looked like he was in Def Leppard.
- C&C Music Factory , the Village People, and the Mickey Mouse Club are old jam rock bands.
- Mickey Dolenz was not in The Ramones, since everyone in The Ramones was named Ramone.
- River Phoenix was an all female band from the 80’s.
- Michelangelo’s Nunchuks was a girl group from the 60’s.
- Mickey Wright is in the Hall of Fame for beer pong.
- The main flavor in root beer comes from the root beer plant.
- For the 50th time, people, HAMILTON WAS NEVER PRESIDENT!
And that concludes this week’s blog. Hey, you guys that said the Quiz sucked…I know you didn’t mean it. You felt dumb since you couldn’t answer anything. That’s OK. Some weeks you get questions that are in your wheelhouse, some weeks you don’t. Go to www.geekswhodrink.com and suggest a round. We want everyone to have input as to what you want from a Quiz. Come back next week, and I promise I won’t make fun of you. Much. Until then, go ‘like’ the Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/GeeksWhoDrinkPubQuizAtAuldDublinerTucson. See you next week. Cheers!