With the beginning of Sunday football, I was worried we might lose some of our quizzers. But we had a strong showing of non-jocks show up tonight and you all made me proud. Great scores, great booze, Ashley tending bar, and me on the Mic. Ahh how life should be.
- Even Kim Jong-nam cares more about Disneyland than ruling North Korea. It is the most magical place in the world, apparently even Tokyo Disney.
- There are far too many songs about wanting to get married and too few songs about divorce. If you’ve never heard my James Hetfield version of Taylor Swift’s Love Story, then you need to visit more karaoke places in Tucson, or even the Geek Bowl pre-party.
- In this real or shit round, we had a lot of guys put Flat-D Men’s Flatulence Deodorizer Pads on their Amazon wish lists. Including me.
- Thanks to the drunk guy at the bar, we all knew that rocket propulsion is an exothermic reaction. Too bad he didn’t realize that the Soviet Union is the bygone nation that designed Rocket Propelled Grenades and not Russia.
- When we said Hey Girl, Check Out My Tools, were really not referring to the Pin Hammer. I refer to mine as Thor’s Hammer, but you can call it Mjölnir.
- A liberal is not mugged by Cristal Champagne, but by reality. And William Kristol doesn’t make Cristal either but good guess Island Amy.
- An interesting new type of Round 7 had us figuring out what type of cat tunnels under a castle (catacombs), but my favorite is the cat covered in chocolate (kit-kat).
- Everyone saved their joker for the round on Random Knowledge. Such high rollers you all are. Most of you knew that choosy moms (and apparently dads) choose Jif. But, not so many knew that 40 was the winning score at horseshoes – 21 is not what you should shoot for.
I really thought we’d see a tie breaker tonight. We had some really close scores at the first scoring break. But Slarty bart fast took a 3 point lead in the end to grab the 1st place title and take the $25 Hut gift certificate. A Reasonable volume still came out with a $15 Hut gift certificate for 2nd place – you’ll get them next time gang! Stephen was our email bonus winner and snagged GEEK socks, a worthy prize for a quizzer.
Next week Julio will be Quiz Mastering for you all while I celebrate turning 40 in Vegas. Show him as much respect as you’ve shown me. Well, maybe a bit more.
Don’t forget to like us on FaceBook for the opportunity to win some random prizes every Sunday before quiz.