Natty Greene's Brewing Co.
505 West Jones Street
Raleigh, NC 27603
Tuesdays: 7:30 PM
View All Posts
Public broadcasting is awesome. I grew up (like so many of you) watching Sesame Street, Lamb Chop (that song never fucking ends), and the Magic School Bus. These shows were fun and educational, and I daresay no shows exist today like those of the old.
I have an idea for a show. PBS, if you're listening, this is your golden ticket idea right here. We can teach kids the benefits of literacy - y'know, besides the whole needing-to-know-how-to-read-to-do-most-anything benefit of it - while still giving them an exciting, modern show to watch. My show will center around a retired Vietnam war veteran who wants to teach kids the joys of reading.The only hitch is he can never finish a story without having a violent war flashback. I call the show…
I'll be waiting for your call, Hollywood.
Tonight was a little on the light side for Natty Greene's, but it's OK; I know most of you were recovering from the long (but not long enough) Labor Day weekend. However, those that had the fortitude and willpower to show up kept it tight as always, and, when all was said in done, Jamal Evers - Respect! beat out She's Taking The Train Home by two points to take home the bragging rights and the gift card this evening. Well done, ladies; just goes to show that you don't need your usual male counterparts to win the quiz. I say ditch them and start your own team.
Interesting Notes From The Quiz!:
- It doesn't matter how much look at it after you write it out, "Sioux" never looks spelled correctly. I was having fits of dyslexia reading all of your answers.
- I've actually been to the George S. Patton Museum in Fort Knox. I used to live there. There's a piece of personal trivia for you.
- Hearing people cheer in excitement for getting the question about the Manson family murderer correct was a little…strange. It's funny because I didn't expect so many of you to do it. "WOOHOO, 'ATTA BOY, TEX!"
- She's Taking The Train Home believes there's a song out there called "Chick With A Penis" by Coldplay. I would love to hear that song. Knowing Coldplay, there's probably a sweeping orchestral crescendo right before Chris Martin starts singing "Chick With A Penis" in falsetto.
- Everyone, go out and watch the early James Bond movies. Seriously. You'll be doing yourself a favor. Hardly anyone knew what they were, and Sean Connery is the paradigm of cool in those movies.
- The looks on everyone's face when I asked you to name a volcano were priceless. A couple of you said "fug it" and turned your answer sheets without trying. It's OK, you guys; the bonus questions aren't for the meek and timid, anyway.
- Speaking of priceless looks, asking you all to name the last three Canadian Prime Ministers was like asking you to find the square root of a banana.
Awesome Team Name Shout-Outs!:
- The Green Mile Got About 6 Feet Shorter This Weekend
- I Can Run Faster Than Paul Ryan
- She-Rex Can't Parallel Park
- She's Taking The Train Home