The Canyon's Crown Restaurant & Pub
6958 East Tanque Verde Road
Tucson, AZ 85715
Thursdays: 8:00 PM
View All Posts
Today is the 50th anniversary of the release of the fist James Bond movie. How appropriate that we had a round 7 identifying theme songs from Bond movies. If you haven’t seen all the Bond movies, I urge you to go out and get them. Wait until November, though. October is Halloween season, and you should be watching horror movies. With that in mind, I am giving out Halloween-related prizes all month. This week, Daniel from Nothing Rhymes With Orange…Everything Rhymes With Orange got the blog question, knowing that Donald Pleasance (from the movie ‘Halloween’) was the host the night Fear was the musical guest on SNL. He got a free beer for his trouble. Rick from Romney’s Master Debaters got the Facebook question, knowing that both the Misfits and the Dead Kennedys released classic punk songs called ‘Halloween’. He got a Halloween beer coozie, and hopefully he has gained a newfound love of classic punk rock.
We had 18 teams last night. We’re getting very close to that magic number of 20 teams. If I get 20 teams 3 weeks in a row, I get a paid scorekeeper. If I get a scorekeeper, we all win. Everything will move faster and smoother, and you can actually get some sleep before work in the morning. So, I am asking everyone to hunt down as many people as you can to bring with you to quiz. Bring enough people with you to split into 2 teams.
Here is your blog question for a free beer next week. The man who brought us Night of the Living Dead also brought us a movie about a small town whose residents go nuts and start killing each other for no apparent reason and a movie about a young man who believes that he is a vampire. What are the names of these 2 movies?
Go check out our Facebook page and ‘like’ us and tag yourselves in the pictures. It helps us get the word out. Also, there will be a special Facebook question for a Halloween-related prize that I will post on Thursday before Quiz. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Geeks-Who-Drink-Pub-Quiz-At-Canyons-Crown/483388135009881
So, what did we learn this week?
- J.R. Ewing was not technically an actual U.S. politician.
- Carl Weathers did not write ‘Kung Fu Fighting’ while he was boxing against Rocky.
- Christina Aguilera had a lesser-known hit with the song ‘I’m A Slut’.
- A Sikh is not a Muslim. Neither is a Haboob. That’s a dust storm.
- Kevin Bacon did not compose the music from ‘West Side Story’.
- Lisa Marie Presley did not marry all of ZZ Top. That would be illegal in most states.
- Not all James Bond movies are ‘The Spy Who Loved Me’. However, ‘007’ is not a James Bond movie, nor is ‘The Love Guru’.
- Jane Austen was parodied in the novel ‘Pride and Prejudice and Lion-Monsters’.
- Some people still inexplicably like soccer.
- Way too many people do not love Deep Purple and hockey.
- Almonds and soybeans are technically animals.
OK, folks, that’s it for this week. Round up some people and research your blog question this week and I’ll see you Thursday. Cheers!