The Canyon's Crown Restaurant & Pub
6958 East Tanque Verde Road
Tucson, AZ 85715
Thursdays: 8:00 PM
View All Posts
Geeks Who Drink is always here for you guys. You spoke out, and we heard you. Last night, we unveiled…new pencil sharpeners! See? I tell you guys all the time that you should go to geekswhodrink.com when there’s a topic you want questions about. Here is your proof that we listen to you. Think of the new pencil sharpeners.
Last night was Arthur’s Day, according to the Quizzer from Ireland. 253 years ago, Arthur Guinness first brewed the greatest beer the world has ever known. I don’t know about you, but I certainly did my part to commemorate this very important day. It’s a wonder the keg didn’t run dry.
During the audio round on the movie Clue, I decided to offer an extra point to anyone who could name the punk rocker who played the role of Mr. Body, or the band he sang in. Although there were some great guesses, such as The Ramones, Black Flag, Bad Brains, Dead Kennedys, and the Buzzcocks, there was also the team who guessed Poison. Someone needs to actually listen to some punk. No one guessed the correct answer, which was Lee Ving from the band Fear. I played the Fear song ‘Beef Boloney’ for you. So here’s my blog question for a free beer next week… Fear performed on Saturday Night Live back in the early 80’s. Who was the host for that episode? First one to come up and answer that question gets a beer on me.
So, what did we learn this week?
- The film “Two Girls, One Cup” was, at its heart, a spoof on Mohammed.
- Events in the Mediterranean Sea apparently cause nationalist uproars in Asia.
- Cowboys.com is your go-to website for all your rodeo porn needs.
- Robin Sherblotzky had a bone marrow transplant in the worst episode of “How I Met Your Mother” ever.
- After growing out of being Robin, Dick Grayson changed his name to Mike Hunt, and then to Miles Long.
- Southern booze runners popularized everyone’s favorite sport, cowtipping.
- Costa Rica is not technically in Central Europe.
- ‘RAPES’ is one of the Scrabble-approved words using the letters we gave you. I don’t know if that just counts legitimate rapes, but it doesn’t matter. A woman’s body has ways of closing that off anyway.
- Incidentally, from the bonus question about Robin Hood, I always thought Pat Buttram had the funniest last name ever.
So, besides finding out who hosted SNL the night Fear was the musical guest, your homework is to find us some more people to come join us at Quiz. Let’s try to get 20 teams next week! Also, go to the Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Geeks-Who-Drink-Pub-Quiz-At-Canyons-Crown/483388135009881 and ‘like’ us, etc. Cheers!