The Canyon's Crown Restaurant & Pub
6958 East Tanque Verde Road
Tucson, AZ 85715
Thursdays: 8:00 PM
View All Posts
I just want to apologize for something right off the bat. Michelle from Perpetual Second has done a lot of dance-offs. Not only does her team seem to be perpetually second, but they seem to be perpetually tied for second. Sure enough, they were tied for second again last night. I was under the mistaken impression that Michelle did not want to dance for us all again. So, I decided that this time we would do a joke-off. That turned out to be a bad decision. The jokes weren’t very good, Michelle actually DID want to dance again, and the joke-off led to Perpetual Second actually taking third. My bad. It won’t happen again. Michelle, bring your dancing shoes next week.
So, what did we learn last night?
- Vanilla Ice keeps his top down on his car because he’s too stupid to figure out how to put the top up.
- Ever since a certain 1912 disaster, there has been an international patrol monitoring beer.
- The Hobbit is not technically a nautical movie.
- Conan O’Brien is not an ingredient in Potatoes O’Brien.
- William the Conqueror was known as Slick Willy.
- You guys apparently did not pay any attention to the 10-year State Quarters program the U.S. Mint put a lot of time and effort into.
Also interesting: Rick from the 1st place team won 3 of the 5 drink coupons. Nice hat trick. Amanda from Perpetual Second won one of the other drink coupons by writing the answer and showing it to me before I even began asking the bonus question.
I find myself wondering if people read my blog. So, here’s my secret prize for you, the person reading this blog. The first person to come up to me next week and tell me what I apologized for, will receive a beer on me.
Your homework for the week besides that, is to find 2 more people who haven’t been coming to quiz and get them to come next week. In the meantime, go to our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Geeks-Who-Drink-Pub-Quiz-At-Canyons-Crown/483388135009881 and ‘like’ us, etc. Cheers!