The Canyon's Crown Restaurant & Pub
6958 East Tanque Verde Road
Tucson, AZ 85715
Thursdays: 8:00 PM
View All Posts
Not to brag or anything, but the Canyon’s Crown has been recognized by secret quizzers planted by GWD corporate bigwigs as one of the best run Quizzes at one of the best Quiz venues in the vast GWD Empire. If you are the ones showing up every Thursday, you already know this. If not, what are you waiting for? Get your ass out to the Crown next Thursday! This week we had 19 teams. If we get 2 more weeks in a row with 18 or more teams, I get to hire a scorekeeper. That, of course, means I get to spend more time hanging out with you guys, and I can keep things rolling along even faster as I take team pictures while my scorekeeper scorekeeps. I know, that isn’t a word. Ask me if I care. Say, “Tom, do you care?” No.
A special shout-out to my friends Katie and Steve from Just The Tip. They’ve been good friends of mine for over a decade, and unlike all my other deadbeat friends from the same era, they came out to party with us last night. I hope you guys had a good time and come back next week. Bring some of those other guys with you.
Exciting stuff happened last night as we had our second week in a row that my O.G. team formerly known as Eat Poop You Cat took first. I’m telling you, the name was holding you back. They also put the hurt on our rivals at Bumsteds, and took home a gift certificate to both clubs. Also for the second week in a row, we had to settle a tie for second place with a dance-off. Jess from Never Drink Anything From A Plunger! and Michelle from The Unicorn Code had to dance to Oops I Did It Again. The catch was that it was a cover of the song by Finnish thrash metal band Children Of Bodom. Look for that one to appear on a future “name the original artist” round. Jess squeaked out a victory for her team based on crowd noise.
So, what did we learn last night?
- China is not technically a TINY Asian nation.
- Brad Pitt played the part of Thor in the movie Troy.
- You guys wouldn’t know a Sikh if he was sitting in your lap.
- “Gonna Get A Hamster” is a new musical. Look for it to clean up at the Tonys this year.
- Someone on one of my teams recognizes me for the hot guy that I am. I hope it’s a woman.
- When in doubt, all musicals are “Cats”.
- If an ultrasound was ‘telescopic’, that wouldn’t mean they stick it in you. They would look at you from a looooong way away.
- Art teachers turn in the most entertaining answer sheets.
- If your obstetrician wants to give you an ultrasound with a device called “The Terminator”, you need a new obstetrician.
- ‘Penis’ does not start with ‘T’, and again, if your obstetrician wants to give you an ultrasound with his penis, you need a new obstetrician.
- Greenium and purpleium are elements easily identified by their colors.
- Benito Mussolini was a film maker, in addition to his secondary career as a fascist dictator.
- Pasta Fagiole was a well-known Italian film maker.
- “Snow White And The Seven Dwarves” was originally intended to be an anti-pot propaganda film.
- 3 teams put ”Some Asian Guy” for the Virgina Tech shooter, and 1 team named him “Chow Mai Box”. I’ve said it before. Asians do not all look the same! You racists.
OK, remember, your mission is to get 18 teams or more in here next week. Let’s get this done! In the meantime, go to the Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Geeks-Who-Drink-Pub-Quiz-At-Canyons-Crown/483388135009881 and ‘like’ us, tag yourself in the pics, etc. Oh, yeah. For the gentleman who wanted “more black questions”, go to ‘Suggest A Round’ at www.geekswhodrink.com and let them know.