The Canyon's Crown Restaurant & Pub
6958 East Tanque Verde Road
Tucson, AZ 85715
Thursdays: 8:00 PM
View All Posts
Last night was kind of a change in the lineup. Many teams were without some of their usual member, there were a bunch of new teams, and some teams even switched a few members. Hey, sometimes you need some strange, and that’s OK. We’re liberal like that. What doesn’t change is the typical Wednesday-Thursday disconnect. Once again, my college crowd on Wednesdays gets the questions about the news and songs about songs, and the family restaurant gets the questions about boners and the songs about masturbation. I almost wouldn’t have it any other way at this point.
What, beside the quiz, was of interest last night? There was a heated debate over whether Rachel Ray is doable or not. One naysayer likened her smile to that of the Joker, claiming that she looks like someone gave her a Chelsea Grin. Google it. The email bonus winner from last week brought his prize and sampled it. To everyone’s disappointment, the pickle pop did not taste like a pickle.
So, what did we learn this week?
- John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt was the last British Prime Minister to not have a wife.
- The writer on your team should make sure they hear the answers the team gives them correctly. The Navy’s Construction Battalions are known as the Seabees, not the Sea Beast.
- Bob the Builder does not work for the Navy.
- Charlie Sheen was not the actor who had a fling with Charlie’s mom. You’re disgusting. And hilarious.
- DJ Vagina was not actually an artist on the song list for round 2.
- A lot of songs that are supposedly about masturbation don’t seem to be about masturbation at all. Where was ‘I Touch Myself’, or ‘Turning Japanese’?
- Yelling STOP after the first clue can really bite you in the ass. There’s more than one city with a Pantheon, apparently.
- The capital of Hungary was named for its enlightened founder. Buddhapest.
- The Rainbow Bridge is in Asgard, however, Budokan and Shinjuko Street are not.
- The adopted dad of Alvin, Simon, and Theodore does not have the last name ‘Chipmunk’. His last name is also not ‘Your Mom’, although a few teams thought it was.
- Dora the Explorer and Diego apparently grew up to be coke fiends.
- So did Mike Myers and Dana Carvey. See, Wayne and Garth? Rock and roll is a gateway to drugs.
- John Leguizamo is a hyper-religious hatemonger.
- Putting a ‘?’ after each of your answers does not increase your chances of getting them right.
- Fetuses can get boners, but only if the mother is hot. Gross, but hilarious.
- The 8-letter word for ‘house’ that stems from Latin is not ‘homobode’, nor is it ‘es mi casa’.
- If you are going to thank a movie like ‘Cool Runnings’ on your answer sheet for giving you an answer, you should probably get the right answer.
- A lot of teams are putting a little TMI on their answer sheets. Examples: “No one loves you but Jesus.” And “I circled my joker all over the bathroom.” I’m so glad the job description for Quizmaster doesn’t include cleaning that up.
So, a couple of reminders. Help us spread the word about Quiz at the Canyon’s Crown. You Facebook types (which I know all of you are) can ‘like’ and ‘share’ these blogs. Also, go to my Facebook page for GWD at Canyon’s Crown at the ridiculous URL http://www.facebook.com/pages/Geeks-Who-Drink-Pub-Quiz-At-Canyons-Crown/483388135009881 . ‘Like’ the page, tag yourself and your friends in the pictures, etc. Next week is the pay-to-play Arrested Development Quiz. The Canyon’s Crown is the only club in Tucson doing it, so if you are an AD fan you should be there. Tell your AD fan friends to show up too. Cash prizes! We will return to the usual format the following week. Details on how the AD quiz works will be on the Facebook page. $5 buy-in per person. If you know nothing about Arrested Development, but you still need your weekly Quiz fix, consider coming to see me at my other club, the Auld Dubliner (http://www.facebook.com/GeeksWhoDrinkPubQuizAtAuldDublinerTucson) on University on Wednesday, or go see Julio at Bumsted’s on 4th Ave on Thursday. Then make sure you come back the next week. Until next time, be excellent to each other!