The Canyon's Crown Restaurant & Pub
6958 East Tanque Verde Road
Tucson, AZ 85715
Thursdays: 8:00 PM
View All Posts
Head to head competition was the name of the game last night. Of course, sexual innuendo was the other name of the game, so you can take that however you want. Even a round as innocent as naming all the characters from Winnie the Pooh was turned into a joke about the ‘hundred acre wood’. At least that led to you all getting to enjoy my Beavis impression. The first head to head competition was for the soul of the quiz itself. Since Geeks Who Drink provided us with 2 options for round 4, entitled ‘Sex’, the quizzers got to vote on whether they wanted their questions rated R or rated PG-13. The crowd overwhelmingly asked for the sticky stuff, although the woman at the table next to me seemed to regret that decision almost immediately. Tsk, tsk.
We had a real horse race for the top 3. Almost all night, at least 2 teams were tied at the top. Eat Poop You Cat has been valiantly fighting to get into the prizes. Everyone thought last night was going to be the night. They did end up tied with the Briefcase Wankers, and more head to head competition became necessary. The choice of weapons were dance-off, joke-off, beer chug-off, or arm wrestling. The duelists chose arm wrestling. Unfortunately for Eat Poop You Cat, the Briefcase Wankers have been working out. Last night was not going to be the night. Maybe next week? Hey, at least one of your team got the email bonus question…
Finally, head to head against our cross-town rivals at Bumsted’s, the Canyon’s Crown’s own San Diego 15 Seconders took care of business and took home the $25 gift certificate to both clubs.
Did anyone notice the mascot I brought along in tribute to Round 5’s zombie theme? Sorry he wasn’t the email bonus question prize. Peter got a pickle pop instead. His excitement was palpable.
So, what did we learn this week?
- Green Day did have an album called Dookie, but if your kids are playing with dookie instead of Kerplunk, you need to have a talk with them.
- Green Day had a little known album called Don’t Break The Ice.
- The hippos are not simply hungry. They are hungry hungry.
- Winnie the Pooh’s friends included Hoppity, Tupac, Dr. Who, and the Honey Badger.
- Toy manufacturers have a sick sense of humor, as evidenced by the Harry Potter Vibrating Nimbus 2000 Broom. “Mommy, I want to play quidditch all day!”
- On those same lines, the Golden Snitch sounds like a great name for a sex toy.
- The quizzers know a lot more about cleaning than sex. My condolences.
- The quizzers are able to think outside the box (huh huh) to figure out the answers. When the question was “How much semen does the average man produce in a lifetime?”, I overheard one guy ask the girl he was with, “How big is your mouth?”
- Winnie the Pooh has not made a zombie movie. Yet.
- “The Cleaner” is not shown on the Spice Channel. Does the Spice Channel even still exist?
- The “yank and spank” is not a weightlifting move. Unless you are Jonah Falcon.
- The “bend and snap” is not a weightlifting move, either. It’s an injury that happens if you try to lift too much.
- I can’t wait to see the zombie movies “Waldorf and Estelle Tackle the Giant Slide”, Zombies Like Boobies”, and “Hitler and the Heffalumps”.
- Beyonce did not record “The Wall”.
Until next time, things to remember: In 2 weeks we are doing the pay to play Arrested Development quiz. You can ‘like’ and ‘share’ this blog on Facebook. You can also go to my Facebook page for Geeks Who Drink at the Canyon’s Crown at the ridiculous URL http://www.facebook.com/pages/Geeks-Who-Drink-Pub-Quiz-At-Canyons-Crown/483388135009881 and ‘like’ that too. Do it. Next week, the first person who can tell me what my personal connection to the answer to this week’s email bonus question is will get a prize. See you next week!