Joe Sent Me (Cambridge)
2388 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02140
Wednesdays: 8:00 PM
View All Posts
8 days, no cigs. Proud of me, mom??? I know all the beautiful geeks at Joe Sent Me tonight are. I'm certainly proud of them for coming and kicking all the ass and chewing all the bubble gum tonight. Even after we ran out of gum.
A few orders of business...
1. Props to A Town Floozies for just showing up and destroying all the B town floozies.
2. Mad props to Home Brew for freaking 4 seven-point rounds in an astounding comeback bid for the silver.
3. Uber-mad props to PSA for mistaking "Lost Girl" for "Milf Island".
4. So-insanely-furious-that-you-write-a-letter-to-the-CEO-of-Chick Fil-A-telling-him-to-stay-the-hell-off-your-freedom-trail props to What'd She Order? Not Chick Fil-A for giving as-mad-props-as-I-just-said props to Mayor Menino for punking Chick Fil-A. Yeah, that happened after the aforementioned CEO made it a point to bash gay marriage and homosexuality in general and then tried to open a store in downtown Boston, literally ON the freedom trail. You tell em Tommy!
5. Awesome shit that happened award of the night right here. A couple of my regulars came in full force tonight to stage a literal battle of the ages. Eleven of their extended family took up arms and faced off as the Oldies vs. Old People $uck. A harrowing clash ensued. The Oldies started strong by edging a point ahead on the Mississippi round, jokering a strong R2 and nailing seven of eight Jackson kids. Old People $uck hung right in there by acing the mystery round, but--ever wise--the Oldies aced that visual round. You have to be at least 55 to know Three Dog Night on sight. Just when all seemed lost for that bright young generation that once showed such promise (a dollar sign in the name! come on!), the Oldies faltered on their Shakespeare! Ah! And their girl shows! AhhAAAHHhhhaahhh!!! Maybe Old People DO $uck! Nailing both opportunities (YES female english majors!) and saving their joker for a strong R8, our bling-sporting OP$ rocked back into the game . . . and the family finished IN A TIE.
Please come back around next week to Joe Sent Me, where we keep families united through cataclysmic quizzing.