Last night was a below the belt kind of night. No not underhanded tactics, cheating, backstabbing or seduction. It was just all about crotches, asses and gettin' it on. So yeah, in other words, a pretty fantastic quiz! Let's recap shall we?
- We kicked it all off with a round on states and their landmarks. You pretty much nailed it, which has now qualified you to go on a roadtrip with me.
- Our hypothetical trip across the nation led us to Round 2, tunes from sporting events around the country. I joked after playing the Village People's "YMCA" that if you missed that one, you need to go home. And then I wept a little for humanity when someone missed it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big fan of the song, but if you check the fine print on your birth certificate it states that EVERYONE must be able to identify the song.
- Round 3 was a new kind of round. COMPLETELY PANTSLESS!! Oh, wait... that was a dream I had. Regardless, we did have a new round: Sooner or Later. You could double your points by turning your round in sooner, or get single points for turning it in later. We had more sooners than laters, but I'll chalk that up to our proximity to Oklahoma.
- Round 4 was all things chocolate, with specific emphasis on the fact that dogs can't eat it. It's a good thing for some folks like Travis that dogs can eat peanut butter, or they would have some lonely Friday nights.
- Our visual round was on hot air and its effects in enclosed spaces. Yes, I refer to the recent Democratic & Republican conventions.
- One of my favorite moments of the night came in Round 6 when I asked you to finish the line from Ice Ice Baby, "Rollin in my five-point-oh.... I haven't seen that many people chanting lines from a Vanilla Ice song, well, ever. And that's probably a good thing.
- Our second audio round was on maritime movies. Despite what one team thought, "Veggie Tales - Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" was not included. There's far too much cursing and references to anal sex to play that clip in a family establishment.
And last but not least, the random knowledge round. If only you had paid more attention in history you would have known about the Punic wars or Adolf Schickelgruber that never was and won back some precious points. In the end, you battled it out with mere single points separating second place from sixth place. And there was much weeping. But fear not, constant quizzlings, for we will be back next week and do it all again. Until then...