Friday's always come with a little bit of sadness. Sure it's the weekend, but it's also the longest span of time until I get to hang with the quizzlings. But I'll always have the blog to remind me of you. And the hangover. I have that to remind me of you as well. So just what the hell did happen last night? Let's review...
- The wine round was an interesting one. One team suggested a wine spritzer is made with wine and... Coke??? I mean wine and Dr. Pepper I get, but Coke?
- Round 2 was the musical round with Daddy issues. No, not stripper songs. A little more paternal than that. Best potential song submission: Eminem - Would the real baby daddy, please stand up?
- The round on Stooges, Marx Bros or Both offered you those three choices as answers. As you can see from the title of the round, "none" was not an option. Next stop, rocket science. Suffice it to say, that team did not come in first place.
- The round on women taught us... well, nothing. We still don't understand you ladies.
- However, we did learn that your quizmaster has an incredibly difficult time saying "dyslexia and depression" in succession. Perhaps another shot of Jameson would have fixed that.
- The visual round turned on the waterworks (but not in a dirty way) for Natalie Portman and reviewed her top 8 crying moments. The one not included in the round was when she actually sat down and watched the abomination that is the Phantom Menace. Heartbreaking.
- In our round on songs, we learned that Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On" won an Oscar for best song as well as a Grammy for best album. We also learned that 15 million people have horrible taste in music.
- Round Seven was all about reality TV show theme songs, and you did awfully. Which is EXACTLY why I love you. We may not like the same things, but real relationships are based in common hatred. The exception being the first season of Surreal Life. A-W-E-S-O-M-E
So there you go... one night, one blog, and two of Fred Willard's sticky hands. And now I have to wait a full week to hang out, quiz and drinks with Arvada's finest. Unless of course you want to come hang out with me and the Dnote crew tomorrow night as we check out in-house Roller Doll Chelsea "WhizBang Weasley" as she rolls over the competition in a little Denver Roller Dolls action. Either way, I ache until we meet again. Or maybe it's more of a burning sensation. Maybe I should get that looked at.